Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CD Won't startup normally

#1 User is offline   Platinum Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

Last year I created a UBCD4Win cd and it ran fine. I have since then lost the CD. I went to create the CD again, put it in my system and it says "Caldera DR-DOS 7.03" and it's just a dos screen. Normally that blue screen appears and you choose how you want to boot up, or whatever. I don't understand what's wrong... Do I need to type something?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I looked but couldn't find anything on the topic.

#2 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:53 PM

It appears you created a bootable disk using your burning software. You have to Burn the ISO as an image.

#3 User is offline   Platinum Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

View PostThe Piney, on Jan 15 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

It appears you created a bootable disk using your burning software. You have to Burn the ISO as an image.

Thanks

If I have to make copies of the CD - can I just copy the CD or do I need to reburn the ISO as an image everytime?

This post has been edited by Platinum: 15 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
          • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

View PostPlatinum, on Jan 15 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

View PostThe Piney, on Jan 15 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

Thanks

If I have to make copies of the CD - can I just copy the CD or do I need to reburn the ISO as an image everytime?

As long as your burning software makes proper copies, you can copy it. But realize you are then essentially copying your XP license (as it uses your XP files to build the CD) and we are not responsible afterward. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#5 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

I'm going to rephrase what LB is saying just a little bit so its clear since this is an important subject...

The CD you create from your own XP licensed files contains Microsoft copyrighted files... so you can't give a copy to others but you can make copies for yourself.

As a side note... I think burning yourself copies from the ISO instead of the CD you have created will be faster.
            Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users