Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Netbootdisk plugin creation - I offer 150$

#1 User is offline   mlist Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

I think UBCD4WIN is absolutely the best boot cd. I tried others tools like this but his ability to handle some useful plugin is unique!

However sometimes I use netbootdisk (http://netbootdisk.com) because it provides an excellent boot dos environment with support for all exsistents network cards and there are some reasons and utilization's scenarios in which I simply prefer to use it instead ubcd4win.
    Now I have an ubcd4win multi-boot cd with knoppix but I think that adding netbootdisk could provide a very UNIQUE future of ubcd4win. Try to think...in one cd all types of boot (through network or usb pen drive or dvd) you need!

So...I propose to some forum's expert to study the feasibility. If it is possibile, I offer a small contribution of 150$. Yes...I know...it isn't much but I already support others project and unfortunately my budge is not big :closedeyes:

I hope someone will take my proposal

Thanks
    Marco

#2 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

View Postmlist, on Jan 16 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

I think UBCD4WIN is absolutely the best boot cd. I tried others tools like this but his ability to handle some useful plugin is unique!

However sometimes I use netbootdisk (http://netbootdisk.com) because it provides an excellent boot dos environment with support for all exsistents network cards and there are some reasons and utilization's scenarios in which I simply prefer to use it instead ubcd4win.
      Now I have an ubcd4win multi-boot cd with knoppix but I think that adding netbootdisk could provide a very UNIQUE future of ubcd4win. Try to think...in one cd all types of boot (through network or usb pen drive or dvd) you need!

So...I propose to some forum's expert to study the feasibility. If it is possibile, I offer a small contribution of 150$. Yes...I know...it isn't much but I already support others project and unfortunately my budge is not big :closedeyes:

I hope someone will take my proposal

Thanks
      Marco

I would think you could just modify his instructions on creating the bootable CD version and instead create an iso image. Then use BCDW or something to boot off of that after adding it to the Multiboot menu...? Just my theory though. :)

I'll see what I can find by testing this and then let you know. :)

This post has been edited by LittlBUGer: 16 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
      "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
      "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
      "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
      "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#3 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
      • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:04 AM

OOPPSSS

Forgot what forum I was on and went and added this to my UBCD (DOS) CD...

If you want to add this to UBCD....

I have it working to a degree in VirtualBox, I created the floppy using the directions on the web site. Created an image file "netboot.img" and put in the custom directory. I added the following to the custom.cfg file...

LABEL netbootdisk
        MENU LABEL Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk 6.2
        KERNEL memdisk
        APPEND initrd=/custom/netboot.img raw

It didn't work at first till I added the raw statement.. You can save a bit of space if you convert the image to a compressed version but I can't remember what program I used to convert to .igz files since I reloaded system.. I used a freeware floppy image program to create the image - floppyimage152... The program will create a compressed .imz file but it didn't work for me for some reason..

=======================

If it works for you, donate the cash to UBCD / Victor or UBCD4WIN - either way - we all win..

This post has been edited by The Piney: 16 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

#4 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:15 AM

Ahh yes, much easier that way. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
          "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
          "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
          "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
          "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
          "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#5 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

I wish I was more familiar with the MultiBoot plugins because it seems to me that it should be pretty easy too?? If pcuser, hilander, or someone else more familiar with it were around I'd almost bet they could provide quick instructions for it.

Good luck!
            "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

"My cause is noble, my power is pure"

#6 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
              • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

I just made a quick plugin but I'm already late for work. I'll post it here later
              If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#7 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
              • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

You should be able to just put the netboot.img file in UBCD4Win\plugin\Multiboot-003\z_custom\images

then add

\Images\netboot.img ; Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk 6.2 ; ^ Net Boot Disk 6.2

to the custom_bcdw.ini file.

I'll run a test when I get back from an arrand and let you know if it works if Tom doesn't get to it before...

This post has been edited by The Piney: 16 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

#8 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

HERE'S the plugin for it.

Extract it to your %UBCD4Win%\plugin\multiboot-003 folder and rebuild UBCD4Win

Enjoy :)
                  If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#9 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Tom (pcuser) does have a site (www.ezpcfix.net) and I think he does accept donations??

#10 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

I just wanted to mention that donations are always welcome (and very much appreciated) but are NEVER required.

Tom

#11 User is offline   mlist Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

THANKS A LOT TOM YOU ARE A MYTH!

As promised I just made a small donation.

I know that money are not required but I think that people taking benefits from your work should contribute to your work!

Thanks Thanks Thanks

Marco
                        Italy

This post has been edited by mlist: 17 January 2008 - 08:47 AM

#12 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

View Postmlist, on Jan 17 2008, 06:45 AM, said:

YOU ARE A MYTH!

:blink:

#13 User is offline   cray1000 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

I thought you were offering $150? Was your small donation $150?

#14 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:10 AM

I don't think we need to worry about the donation amount. Out of curiosity I did ask Tom if he did receive a donation for his help and work, so at least this fellow is true to his word. I won't mention how much it was though.

Remember we do all of this to help people. Doesn't matter if a person donates or not, it is nice when they do though!! I usually shy away from people offering to donate because in most cases they do not. I also do not want people thinking that I'm going to drop another question just because another person promises money for the work.

#15 User is offline   cray1000 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:10 AM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Feb 3 2008, 01:10 AM, said:

I don't think we need to worry about the donation amount. Out of curiosity I did ask Tom if he did receive a donation for his help and work, so at least this fellow is true to his word. I won't mention how much it was though.

Remember we do all of this to help people. Doesn't matter if a person donates or not, it is nice when they do though!! I usually shy away from people offering to donate because in most cases they do not. I also do not want people thinking that I'm going to drop another question just because another person promises money for the work.

I understand, you are good people and you do good work. The reason why i asked if you got the bounty is because i work with alot of projects and it sucks that when i or other people post bountys for similar things, they usually dont get taken seriously because so many people post bounties and then never pay the promised bounty. But anyways this is your project and your business, but i just wanted to explain why i care, it hurts the open source community when people dont live up to promised bounties.

Page 1 of 1
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users