Reputation: 0 Neutral
- BETA Tester
- Active Posts:
- 67 (0.03 per day)
- Most Active In:
- General Questions (24 posts)
- 02-September 04
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Dec 20 2009 04:37 PM
Topics I've Started
Posted 14 Sep 2006Includes the following updates:
* Add guide: How to clean an infected computer by rdsok
* Add guide: Manual Registry Restore by rdsok (editted by blackmaverick)
* Add: Help file link to chkdsk in disk tools
* General cleanup
Posted 13 Jun 2006http://rapidshare. de/users/JSXF1N
* Fix - iexplore not working from Booted CD (pointing to iexplore that is no longer in system32 folder)
* Added guide - "Updating the Anti-Virus and Spyware software on the UBCD4Win V3" by stidyup
* Added guide - "BSOD fault codes"
Any Tips, Hints, Recovery guides or information that should be included, would be gratefully accepted.
Posted 31 May 2006Updated list of tools plugin for the latest release.
Posted 2 May 2006My first build of V3 was as RC3 using driver pack 1.8.
This worked nicely when testing in VMWare and boots on all computers I have tried.
With the exception of my Notebook!
The notebook boots to 2.6 with no problem.
The notebook stops immediately after the Now loading... The Ultimate boot CD of Windows... with Please Wait... on the screen, the CD spins down and that's it.
I have now also built a version of RC5 and tried driver pack 1.6 (last one that I used on V2.6). Still no luck.
My Notebook specs are:
Notebook: MSI M610
1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP
512 MB RAM
TOSHIBA MK4025GAS [Hard drive] (40.01 GB)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N [CD-ROM drive]
Network Card 1 (Disabled): 802.11g MiniPCI Wireless Network Adapter
Driver: Ralink Technology Corp Ralink RT2500
Network Card 2 (Not Connected): SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
SiS M741 [Display adapter]
Before I start delving deeper..... Any ideas would be appreciated.
Posted 2 Oct 2005Around June there was a topic relating to adding a list of tools on the CD.
I had some spare time around that time, so I made a plugin for my own interest.
Since 2.55 does not have a list of Tools, I thought I would post my plugin.
The Plugin places a "List of Tools" in NU2MENU.
It runs from both CD Boot and from Autorun in Windows.
It is HTML based and uses it's own HTML viewer (Extenso4).
I have also added some of the other topics found in the forum:
- ubcd4win FAQ
- Spyware/Virus removal and clean up
- Updating Virus Scanners
- What is EzPcFix
- Rootkit Finder
- Tips and Tweaks
Download it from here:
- Member Title:
- 48 years old
- July 23, 1961
- Melbourne, Australia
- Technical stuff, Electronics design/developement, 4x4, Programming
- Click here to e-mail me
- Website URL: