UBCD4Win Forums: Last request for suggestions/requests - UBCD4Win Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last request for suggestions/requests new version coming soon...

#1 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:40 PM

It's been about a year since I made a new public release of EzPcFix. There have been alot of great suggestions and requests from members of this forum and members of the 911cd.net cd forum and I've gone back though the topics and hopefully have just about everything covered.

I've redesigned EzPcFix to be much more user friendly and not so cryptic with a new interface and MANY new features, like color coding good entries in green and known bad entries in red, backups with the ability to restore them if you accidently remove the wrong thing and the ability to generate a log file similar to HiJack This log files but with the ability to do it from PE and with many more locations that malware can hide and many other points of interest.

I use EzPcFix daily on almost any pc that I work on but I still find myself doing some things manually like going through the registry with all user hives mounted looking for malware in the software section or removing junk from the "Program Files" and the "Common Files" directories and the users "Application Data" directory and the "Start Menu" and "Desktops". This is all stuff that EzPcFix can automate, it can show you a list of everything and let you highlight the ones you want to get rid of all at one time.

@ALL

If you repair pc's often or do it for a living, I'm sure you find that alot of problems are software issues and/or malware issues. If there's anything that you have to usually do (or look for) manually that could be automated with EzPcFix (not including removing NAV) then now's the time to let me know about it.

Anyone that knows me also knows that I like to do things that can't be done, software engineering is no exception so don't be shy with your requests.

Tom
    If you're afraid of taking any chances then the chances are great that you will never learn anything

Multiboot Plugins - UBUSB (Ultimate Boot USB) - EzPcFix - RootKitty - Network Configuration Utility - UnIsoFS - A Small Linux Distro - SELogger - HashME - WSock - My Paypal

#2 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
      • Group: Admin

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

Lets see if any of this will be helpful.

The only thing I can quickly think of from the current version, were the issues of the column widths, in mostly the registy areas but others also... it would be nice to be able to resize or possibly scroll left and right to be able to read the complete line.

I also don't recall if it listed missing file entries references. I have found that very useful after a cleanup was already done by other software.

A tricky and very tough one to develop ( I would think ) would be an option to revert back to defaults certain users settings, securities and permissions. These would aid in helping after a malware may have made changes in these areas. One such utility, Dial-a-fix, is already able to address the permissions area by using secedit.exe from MS. More info on that util is here http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix .

Just that last part is a large suggestion in itself.
      Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#3 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Group: Members
        • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:44 AM

Well, one thing that I would like automated in a better way than my current batch script, is to be able to log certain things and then do certain actions at the same time. This is what I mean:

Log these:
        -All top level directories in the "<root>:\Documents and Settings" folder
        -All deleted files due to the actions
        -Current date and user running program

Actions:
        -Go through each of the users' folders in the "<root>:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings" folder, and delete all files within the "Temp" and "Temporary Internet Files" folders.

The log file would be created probably at a location of the users' choosing. I like doing this as it's just damn ridiculous sometimes when I see how many temp files people have of which they never delete, sometimes in the GB of space.

Though I probably do some other stuff on a usual basis, it's not within the means of this program, and I can't think of anything else at the moment anyway. I look forward the next great release! Thanks. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#4 User is offline   dobbelina Icon

• Pip

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:24 AM

Many thanks for this superb proggie !
          I'm wondering, have anybody successfully used this to remove a rootkit ?
          I haven't seen anything written about it in the threads.

#5 User is offline   aba3k Icon

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:38 AM

Great program :worthy:

Make months that i'm waiting for a new version.

Hope you can release a new and improved version of this great program soon, good luck. ;)

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users