UBCD4Win Forums: Everything boots fine then I get error: Prelogon - File not found - UBCD4Win Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Everything boots fine then I get error: Prelogon - File not found What is Prelogon and why is it not being found?

#1 User is offline   0vermind Icon

• Pip
    • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

Okay so I've been searching and search on this forum and reading tons and tons of posts, topics, threads, downloading programs, etc for the past 5 hours or so trying to figure out what the heck I have to do to get UBCD/BartPE on my Flashdrive finally I did it using this method here: http://www.ubcd4win.com/...?showtopic=9630.

So I boot to my flashdrive and it takes like 5 minutes, goes through the white bar, then the xp loading screen, then it goes to a blue desktop with a cursor and then before anything else happends I get an error.

The window title for the error says: "Prelogon" and the body of the message box says: "File not found"
    There is ONLY an OK button, when I click that button the computer restarts. I do not have anthing special on the UBCD4Win I just have all of the normal default stuff. My XP CD works just fine with no corrupt files (used it the other day) and I have NO antivirus installed on this computer but the computer is clean so nothing should be interfering.

What is going on? Please help me!

Thanks!!
    -Mike

#2 User is offline   hazcrew Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:03 AM

View Post0vermind, on Jul 25 2008, 07:44 AM, said:

Okay so I've been searching and search on this forum and reading tons and tons of posts, topics, threads, downloading programs, etc for the past 5 hours or so trying to figure out what the heck I have to do to get UBCD/BartPE on my Flashdrive finally I did it using this method here: http://www.ubcd4win.com/...?showtopic=9630.

So I boot to my flashdrive and it takes like 5 minutes, goes through the white bar, then the xp loading screen, then it goes to a blue desktop with a cursor and then before anything else happends I get an error.

The window title for the error says: "Prelogon" and the body of the message box says: "File not found"
      There is ONLY an OK button, when I click that button the computer restarts. I do not have anthing special on the UBCD4Win I just have all of the normal default stuff. My XP CD works just fine with no corrupt files (used it the other day) and I have NO antivirus installed on this computer but the computer is clean so nothing should be interfering.

Thanks!!
      -Mike

Exactly the same problem, I'm having a look at it but my knowledge here is is very limited..
      Jerry

#3 User is offline   hazcrew Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:40 AM

View Posthazcrew, on Aug 2 2008, 09:03 AM, said:

View Post0vermind, on Jul 25 2008, 07:44 AM, said:

Thanks!!
        -Mike

Exactly the same problem, I'm having a look at it but my knowledge here is is very limited..
        Jerry

As mentioned in several posts onthis forum.
        It looks like it is a Vista thing.
        I recompiled on an XP machine and it works.

#4 User is offline   timofcourse Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

I've read in a bunch of threads that building an USB image on a Vista workstation causes the "PreLogon / File not Found" issue (which Im having), but havent seen a fix anywhere.

Has anyone found a way around this? Telling people to use a completely different operating system isnt really a great work around, especially since Vista's been out for nearly 2 years now.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

#5 User is offline   raven_warsong3 Icon

• Pip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

There is no work around for it. Its broken under Vesta. They should disable the utilizes or but a disclaimer on it.

#6 User is offline   eleite Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

So when you say you "recompiled" it on an xp machine. What do you mean exactly? You did the UBUSB.exe step on xp? Or do you also have to rebuild the image on an xp machine?

#7 User is offline   tanarus Icon

• Pip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

View Posteleite, on Apr 20 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

So when you say you "recompiled" it on an xp machine. What do you mean exactly? You did the UBUSB.exe step on xp? Or do you also have to rebuild the image on an xp machine?

I would guess that if it's failing at the prelogon screen then the image is somehow broken and needs to be rebuilt on an xp machine.

#8 User is offline   Nr2 Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

Same happens on XP 64 bit. With the exact same files of UBCD4Win, building in XP 64bit and XP32bit the results are different. And, of course, the working one is the 32bit version.

#9 User is offline   robbpell Icon

• Pip

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:15 AM

hum before building the image under plug-ins there the third or fourth one says something about pre login so i disabled it and im building the image now ill let you know how it goes although im kinda suspicious cuz this fix seems to easy for a error that hasn't had a solution on a thread this old.

#10 User is offline   robbpell Icon

• Pip

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

View Postrobbpell, on 30 September 2009 - 12:15 AM, said:

hum before building the image under plug-ins there the third or fourth one says something about pre login so i disabled it and im building the image now ill let you know how it goes although im kinda suspicious cuz this fix seems to easy for a error that hasn't had a solution on a thread this old.

no luck

#11 User is offline   jimfree Icon

• Pip

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

I was able to get around this problem on my Vista64 by running UBCD4WIN on a virtual install of WinXP using Sun's VirtualBox. I had to copy the resulting build BartPE folder to my host (Vista) as I have been unable to get a working USB connection to the VirtualBox. This would probably also work with the Microsoft Virtual PC. After copying the BartPE folder I was then able to run the UBUSB.exe in the Vista environment to create the bootable USB.

It wasn't entirely problem free though. The UBCD4WIN install would hang up at the end trying to do the hash validation. I ended up doing a manual copy of one of the exe files from my Vista install (UBCD4WinBuilder.exe). Then I was able to do the build. The build take considerably longer in the virtual pc than when I did it on my Visa host, but at least it works!

#12 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

An easier solution would be to use the latest UBUSB as the "Prelogon - File not found" problem has already beed addressed.

#13 User is offline   jack_steel Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

View Post0vermind, on 25 July 2008 - 07:44 AM, said:

Okay so I've been searching and search on this forum and reading tons and tons of posts, topics, threads, downloading programs, etc for the past 5 hours or so trying to figure out what the heck I have to do to get UBCD/BartPE on my Flashdrive [...]

Having exactly the same problem and trying same thing not for the past 5 hours, for the past 3 days. I was trying about everything I found, around 10 differnt tools to create bootable BartPE USB devices. Doing this with Windows 7 x64. Now changing to XP 32 and hoping...

#14 User is offline   jimfree Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

View Postpcuser, on 30 October 2009 - 10:18 PM, said:

An easier solution would be to use the latest UBUSB as the "Prelogon - File not found" problem has already beed addressed.

This is the version I was using, which brings up another question. The link provided points to version 1.0.46. I thought I saw somewhere where the latest version is 1.0.8? Is that correct?

#15 User is offline   pcuser Icon

• Project Programmer
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                                • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

1.0.46 is the latest version. You're using 1.0.46 and still get "Prelogon - File not found"?

• (3 Pages)
                                • +
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users