UBCD4Win Forums: Use QEMU for Windows to test your UBCD4WIN ISO file before burning - UBCD4Win Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Use QEMU for Windows to test your UBCD4WIN ISO file before burning

#16 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

You can always just use a CD-RW many times if you want to test. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#17 User is offline   Rambharose Icon

• Pip
      • Interests:Mystical

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

View PostNRM, on Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM, said:

Ben and LittlBUGer have suggested using QEMU for Windows to test the UBCD4WIN ISO file before burning. I have found the necessary files and have gotten it to work successfully so I just wanted to pass on a few links that would be helpful for all of you to use. It is a really excellent tool and saves you from burning too many coffee coasters. :D

Get the latest QEMU files here (download the 0.7.2 version):
      http://free.oszoo.or.../win32/release/
      Install it in c:\program files\QEMU and when it asks to load an OS image, just say no because you will be using your UBCD4WIN image.

Get a really nice front-end called QGui here which launches QEMU for you with all the necessary settings (download the 2.14 version):
      http://perso.wanadoo.es/comike/
      Just extract QGui.exe to c:\program files\QEMU and delete the rest because it is an older version of QEMU. You might want to add a shortcut to this file in the QEMU start menu section.

QGui is written in Visual Basic 6 so if you don't have the runtime on your PC, get it here:
      http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

The rest of the instructions on how to configure QGui might be easier to see visually, so go to the Running your UBCD in QEMU on Windows section of this nice tutorial:
      http://danielha.free...win/qemu-en.htm

You will basically be running QGUI and it will spawn off QEMU for Windows for you will all the necessary settings.

The version of QGui that you will be downloading is a later version than in the tutorial so you will see an additional tab called "Embedded QEMU". Just uncheck the box "Embed QEMU inside QGui window", follow the rest of the instructions and you will see a window pop up with your UBCD4WIN environment. Takes a little time to come up depending on the speed of your PC and allocated memory but it will come up fine.

Just remember to activate the mouse by pressing ALT-CTRL when you want to be in the QEMU window and that not everything will work because you are still booted to your main OS but it will allow for some testing. If you want to delete a Virtual Machine configuration, go to your QEMU folder and delete the appropriate .QVM file.

Have fun!!! :banana:

Is it all about__using QEMU for Windows to test the UBCD4WIN ISO file before burning ?

Will it test if after booting from UBCDCD Wether Option Window Recovery Console will work or not ?

If it is only to test wether UBCD will Boot or not before burning if you mount it By Alcohol 120% softrware , will show you the result.

Will appreciate your comments, please

#18 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
        • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

I don't see how mounting the CD while you are in Windows will help anything. What pops up in Windows from the final CD/ISO is completely different than what actually boots when you use the CD to boot your PC. QEMU is like Virtual PC to see if the CD will actually boot the virtual environment. Doing it by Alcohol or any other software that can mount an image, you're only getting to see the simple Autorun feature and the contents of the CD, not a whole lot more. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
        "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
        "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
        "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
        "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
        "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#19 User is offline   Greenknight Icon

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:05 AM

The link to QEMU Manager above doesn't work, I found it here: http://www.davereyn.co.uk/

#20 User is offline   rdsok Icon

• rdsok
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
            • Group: Admin

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

View PostGreenknight, on May 1 2009, 08:05 AM, said:

The link to QEMU Manager above doesn't work, I found it here: http://www.davereyn.co.uk/

That is because this thread you are looking in is about 2 years old ... the internet is not static and things such as that do move all of the time.
            Plan A is always more effective when the device you are working on understands that Plan B involves either a large hammer or screwdriver....

#21 User is offline   Rambharose Icon

• Pip
              • Interests:Mystical

Post icon  Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

View Postrdsok, on May 1 2009, 11:19 AM, said:

View PostGreenknight, on May 1 2009, 08:05 AM, said:

That is because this thread you are looking in is about 2 years old ... the internet is not static and things such as that do move all of the time.

Thanks very much. Sorry could not get to earlier.

When I click the link I get MSG that not authorised.

• (2 Pages)
              • +
              • You cannot start a new topic
              • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users