• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Giveaway of the day... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderator & Development

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

While browsing another forum, I came across an old link to this site and it apears to still be offering one new program for free every day. I have no idea how legit this is, but since the post I found it in was 2 years old and the site is still running that everything should be on the up and up.

Check it out daily if your interested and if you see a program on there that someone else here may have interest in, please respond to this thread and let us know what they are offering.
    http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Update: I played around a little while with a couple of the games and they are very entertaining, so anyone with children needs to check this site daily for cool stuff.
    http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/
    Dead Blow Hammer - 19 colors of Duck Tape - Bailing Wire

#2 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPipPip
      • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

They are legit, I tried a DVD authoring/converting program a while back and had a problem with it not working. When I un-installed it I sent the survey to the maker (Wondershare) and they actually sent me an email asking some follow up questions and then gave me the next version to see if the problem was fixed. It wasn't but, a bit of experimentation and I found a fix - install the codecs -... After I reported the fix that worked for me they sent me a link to the newest update along with a registration code.

Basically what the companies do with some of these programs are is get feedback from the posts after people download and try out the programs.. Not a bad idea actually... Also the site has a link to another site for Game Giveaway of the Day...

This post has been edited by The Piney: 06 November 2007 - 09:59 PM

#3 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
      • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:14 PM

View PostThe Piney, on Nov 6 2007, 09:59 PM, said:

Also the site has a link to another site for Game Giveaway of the Day...
        Very cool.
        http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/

Looks like just the thing to help babysit my children. :clapping:

#4 User is offline   The Piney Icon

• Advanced Member
        • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Most of the games seem to be geared toward children, but some are pretty good. I have "Jet's and Gun's" and it's pretty good, but tough.. at least for me...

#5 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
          • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

well, the one on there right now looks to be aimed at 6 year olds.... (I've been playing it for the last 45 minutes. lol)

#6 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
            • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:15 PM

The games are fantastic for kids, so I'm going to pin this topic so it does not get lost in the forum.

Today they are featuring a racing game that is pretty cool, but definatly not something a "Gamer" would be interested in.

#7 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Post icon  Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:10 PM

View Posthilander999, on Nov 7 2007, 12:15 PM, said:

but definatly not something a "Gamer" would be interested in.

Hey now... enough poking fun... ;):rolleyes:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#8 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

View PostLittlBUGer, on Nov 7 2007, 05:10 PM, said:

View Posthilander999, on Nov 7 2007, 12:15 PM, said:

but definatly not something a "Gamer" would be interested in.

Hey now... enough poking fun... ;):rolleyes:
                  I don't get what you mean???

The game posted for today is a 130mb+ racing game that I found quite fun, but would not apeal to the "Need for Speed" crowd, as in a "Gamer".

Anyone who has to have the fastest system and the newest games, or should I say the newest games meaning they need the fastest system possable to be able to play it... would be a gamer in my opinion and simple games like this would be of no value to someone who conciders themself to be a "Gamer".

Power Users and young children will spend many hours amusing themselves though.
                  I honestly enjoyed the break from complicated things and have spent a few hours playing "Ozzy Bubles" which was the game for yesturday. The simple world idea and smooth graphics were quite a treat and a great distraction when you need a break.

I feel that many users (certainly if they have kids) will find a lot of enjoyment out of this site and the games they give away, but as a gamer, there is nothing here that would be of any interest to you.

#9 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:02 PM

Umm... OK, you went waaay too deep into that response. It was a joke, I was being sarcastic, and I don't know whey you just went on and on like that. I think those games there are fun too, I was just trying to make fun of things as I know people have poked fun at my habits before, whether they know me or not. I'll be serious now and never do that again, sir. Thank you for such an informative post.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                    "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                    "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                    "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                    "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                    "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#10 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

I was just trying to make fun of things as I know people have poked fun at my habits before, whether they know me or not. I'll be serious now and never do that again, sir. Thank you for such an informative post.
                      Promises, Promises... :rolleyes:

#11 User is offline   YODA Icon

• Pip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

View Posthilander999, on Nov 7 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

I was just trying to make fun of things as I know people have poked fun at my habits before, whether they know me or not. I'll be serious now and never do that again, sir. Thank you for such an informative post.

why so are rude?

both 2 you need be grow up lots

read

#12 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • Group: Admin

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

HA HA....ya dicks!!

I'm just happy because I'm not the dick this time!! :banana:
                          "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#13 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

View PostYODA, on Nov 7 2007, 06:09 PM, said:

View Posthilander999, on Nov 7 2007, 07:40 PM, said:

why so are rude?

read

It's all in fun, worry not. Need to get involved, you don't. Messing around with each other from "past experiences", we were just. Grammar/spelling next time, you should check. ;)

This post has been edited by LittlBUGer: 07 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

#14 User is offline   BvF7734 Icon

• Ultimate Member
                            • PipPipPipPipPip
                              • Group: BETA Tester
                              • Interests:My wife, twin boys, and baby girl. Astrophysics and all things car and computer related.<br /><br />Gaming big time with RTS games.<br /><br />Heavy into MAME and other emulation.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:38 AM

View PostYODA, on Nov 7 2007, 08:09 PM, said:

why so are rude?

read

If Yoda so strong in force he is, complete sentence make why he not? hee hee hee yes...
                              \m/ (>.<) \m/

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
                              BvS Wiki is a good place for information about the above mentioned game.
                              It is free and browser based so will play anywhere on any machine!
                              You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be exaggerated or mis-quoted and used against you.

#15 User is offline   hilander999 Icon

• Project Development
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:50 PM

View PostSteelTrepid, on Nov 7 2007, 09:10 PM, said:

HA HA....ya dicks!!

I'm just happy because I'm not the dick this time!! :banana:
                                Hey, there's a first time for everything. :rolleyes:

I like this part best:

If you've been labeled as a dick, especially if you have been told this by several people in a particular community, it might be wise to consider the possibility that it is true. If you suspect that you may be a dick, the first step is to become aware of it.

@ALL
                                It's all in good fun, no hurtful meaning to anything posted here, yet I still don't understand how LB thought my post had anything to do with him. I guess I should try to qualify my remarks a Little better and probably just ignore posts that irritate me.

• (6 Pages)
                                • +
                                • Last »
                                • You cannot start a new topic
                                • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                                0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users