• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CD Label

#31 User is offline   SteelTrepid Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Admin

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

I have emailed you information for another service you can use. Thanks!!
    "I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

#32 User is offline   NightHawk Icon

• Pip
      • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

I am reposting the labels I have created. The links in my previous posts will be invalid by tomorrow evening. I am also posting the gimp .XCF file I used to create these labels.

Label Background 2 in Blue (also available in Green, Orange, Purple, Red and Yellow)
      Posted Image

Label Background 3 in Green (also available in Blue, Orange, Purple, Red and Yellow)
      Posted Image

Label Background 4 in Orange (also available in Blue, Green, Purple, Red and Yellow)
      Posted Image

Label Background 5 in Purple (also available in Blue, Green, Orange, Red and Yellow)
      Posted Image

Label Background 6 in Purple (also available in Blue, Green, Orange, Red and Yellow)
      Posted Image

Label Background 7 in Red (also available in Blue, Green, Orange, Purple and Yellow)
      Posted Image

Label Background 8 (also available in Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, and Red)
      Posted Image

Here are my Favorites

Label Background 1 in Blue
      Posted Image

Label Background 1 in Green
      Posted Image

Label Background 1 in Orange
      Posted Image

Label Background 1 in Purple
      Posted Image

Label Background 1 in Red
      Posted Image

Label Background 1 in Yellow
      Posted Image

All of the label backgrounds shown above as well as the other colors mentioned are in the Gimp .xcf file I am providing a link to below. If you are familiar with Gimp and using layered graphic files, then you can use the file below to add your own backgrounds. You can edit the color, size and style of text and many other things. Once you have the visibe file looking the way you want, you can save the file as a jpeg and use it with most any label printing program. If you are unfamiliar with Gimp, it is a free open-source graphical editing software for Linux and Windows. If you don't have the time to mess with it and would like one of the backgrounds shown above in a different color, let me know and I will get a jpeg image to you via email.

Here is the Gimp XCF file in zipped format.
      ubcd4win labels v2.zip It is almost 100MB so it could take a bit to download.

I hope you like the images. Enjoy.

---- NightHawk

#33 User is offline   NightHawk Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

Here is another UBCD4win edited with Gimp using a plaing blue background with Multi-colored text.

Posted Image

#34 User is offline   DuncanL Icon

• Pip

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

If anyone is interested; here's my own simple label:

Posted Image

Just centre it up in your label printing software. And yes, the version number is supposed to drop off the edges! ;)

#35 User is offline   cnledmart Icon

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:44 AM

Nice
            Energy saving solution here:industrial lightingandindustrial lighting fixtures,need your most requirements!

#36 User is offline   zeb_carter Icon

• Pip
              • Interests:Computers, electronics in general, photography, camping, the beach, science fiction in all genres (including conventions)

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Has anyone tried doing a LightScribe version of the label? I'd love to see something like that.

#37 User is offline   LittlBUGer Icon

• Main Mirror/Here Since Beginning
              • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
                • Interests:Computers and stuff...<br /><br />:-)

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

View Postzeb_carter, on 23 September 2009 - 01:44 PM, said:

Has anyone tried doing a LightScribe version of the label? I'd love to see something like that.

I use Lightscribe all the time for several things. Though it probably doesn't look as good as it could be (like a Lightscribe-specific label would), you can always lightscribe any one of the designs in this thread on a CD/DVD as long as it's just a standard image and it will do it's best with that color image. You could even use an image editor and greyscale the image first if you were worried about what it might look like. :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
                "Computers are really strange - first everything works fine, then something goes terribly wrong and nothing works, and then - like a thunderbolt from a clear sky, everything is back to normal again. It's like nothing ever happened. Like the computer were female." - Unknown
                "Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it's not true. I have the heart of a young boy. In a jar on my desk." - Stephen King
                "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." - Bill Vaughan
                "Microsoft Windows [n.]: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition." - Unknown
                "When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten-year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why." - Unknown

#38 User is offline   mychance Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi,

Where can I find CD labels ? Those listed in this section seem to be no longer available.

• (3 Pages)
                  • +
                  • You cannot start a new topic
                  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                  0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users